Introduction to Yoga Asanas (1)
First, the meaning of yoga asana: The Sanskrit language of yoga asana is Asana, which means to maintain hands in someone’s comfortable movement or posture.
Through some static movements that twist and bend, and the rest time between movements, it stimulates the glands, massages the internal organs, relaxes the nerves, twists the muscles, strengthens the body, and calms the mind.
Second, the origin of yoga asanas: 7000 years ago, there were yoga asanas. At that time, yogis observed animals and discovered their instincts such as activity, relaxation, and sleep, and how these animals use nature when they are sick.Methods to treat diseases, imitating the development of some actions that are beneficial to humans (such as snake-like, rabbit-like).
There are also some asanas that are created by the yogis themselves (such as shoulder-standing, twisting).
Third, the naming of yoga asanas: There are several forms of naming: (1) the asanas imitated by animal postures are like snakes.
(2) The posture method named after the effect of the action is shoulder-standing (full body).
(3) Postures named after the characteristics of the posture structure, such as the tortoise.
(4) Postural methods named after the inventor of the action, such as twisting.
Fourth, the function of yoga asana: (1) to correct abnormal glands, remove diseases, so that the normal development of the body.
(2) Eliminate negative emotions and make your mind calm and peaceful.
(3) Activate the glands to make the body younger, more flexible and full of vitality.
(4) Balance the body and mind.
(5) Prepare the body and mind to receive more refined and higher level spiritual practice.
V. Yoga asana and general exercise: (1) Yoga asana relies on activating glands to generate energy and make the body full of vitality.
(2) General exercise consumes energy, stimulates the glands, and maintains the vitality of the body.
(3) General qigong uses intentional Qi (energy) to clear the joint texture and maintain the vitality of the body. Six, yoga postures: There are tens of postures for the upper yoga postures, which are suitable for ordinary people.Forty-two and some body marks (MUDRA), these asanas can stimulate certain glands centered on the seven chakras, respectively, and can be divided into: (1) longer or more significant for the bodyAsana method.
(2) Asana method for mental illness.
Seven, personal yoga asanas: each yoga asana stimulates different glands, so you must practice different combinations for each person’s physical and psychological conditions. When properly practiced, it can greatly help the body and mind, and the practice should not be appropriate.On the contrary, it has adverse effects on the body and mind. If you want to practice personal yoga asana, you can consult an experienced yoga teacher.
Eight, yoga asana and yoga eight parts: the practice of yoga asana has a great help to the body, and also has a direct and indirect impact on mental exercise.
However, if you only practice yoga asanas without meditation, your internal and external behaviors will be controlled.
Exercises of yoga eight parts.
It is possible to indulge in material desires by misusing the physical or mental strength obtained by exercising the physical position, planting bad seeds of reaction forces in his subconscious mind.